July 05, 2008

September '08 Guitar World Cover

So, wasn't that HD screen that Sin posted dope? I'd play Gears Of War on that all day!

But here's something that, to me, is better.

My favorite musician and, arguably, the greatest guitar player's last studio album was released 40 years ago in 1968. Electric Ladyland, containing classics such as 'All Along The Watchtower' & Voodoo Child (Slight Return), left fans of music with an everlasting impression that Hendrix is a God.

Period.

If you haven't heard this album you need to. It's an inspiration and the last musical expression (besides 'Band Of Gypsys') released as a record by Hendrix before his tragic death.

"I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see." - Jimi Hendrix

- MX

No comments:

Post a Comment