August 15, 2008

MOVIE REVIEW: Pineapple Express


So the other day Cody Clark put up his review for Pineapple Express and now I have my review of the movie (probably not as detailed as his).

I saw this with my girl on Thursday and I definitely must say that it is a dude movie for sure. It's one of the movies you go see with your friends and laugh because it's, well, true. James Franco plays one of the best on screen stoners I've ever seen. He just looks the part, ya know? I thought it was very well directed and like Clark said, the writing was funny yet smart. I'd say you could almost just sit, chill, and watch this movie for what it is. There isn't an underlying meaning (like with The Dark Knight) and sometimes that's a good thing.

You'll get plenty of laughs just from the connection between Dale (Seth Rogen) and Saul (James Franco) because they play off of each other so well. It's like they've been doing movies their entire life the connection is that strong. The supporting actors are all good and you are always laughing when they are on screen.

Overall, I would recommend seeing Pineapple Express. It is the ultimate display of 'bro-dom' in any movie and for that I applaud it.

3.5/5

- MX

No comments:

Post a Comment