September 17, 2008

mtv trl (total request live) ending in november

So I figured this was gonna happen sometime soon. TRL, the teenage show that used to be cool back when Carson Daly was hosting it, is ending in November. Well, not ending, per se. On MTV.com's article, they say the show is going on 'hiatus' and could be resurrected one day but let's be brutally honest here. MTV isn't gonna bring back a show that they're cancelling. If that was the case my favorite cartoon, Beavis & Butthead, would be having new shows now.

Oh well.

The finale of TRL is airing on a Saturday in November and it will be two hours long. Also Eminem had this to say:
"I'm going to miss 'TRL,'" said Eminem who, at the height of his popularity, took over hosting duties for a week. "Where else will I be able to start feuds, defend my honor vigorously and act like an angry teenager on national TV? Oh wait...the VMAs!"
So... wait Eminem. When did you become relevant enough that your opinions matter? I thought you were still out grubbing on donuts and gaining fifty pounds. Oh, I am such a hater. But I thought the VMA's were damn good this year. Russell Brand did a damn good job and we needed someone who wasn't going to hold his tongue. It's too bad that half of his opening act was cut out of the replays of the VMA's. Damn censorship. I just need to move to the UK where I can drive down the streets and see billboards of naked women.

Wouldn't that be nice?

- MX

1 comment:

  1. Shaggadelic, Man .... Yes Man, That would be the Shagginess ...


    Oh Behave!

    ReplyDelete