August 24, 2008

t.i. speaks on leaked record: 'swagger like us'

It's one of the biggest songs to hit the internet in, well, forever. I dropped it Friday night (when it was leaked) and other sites leaked it and even 'Ye put it in his blog with the title 'The Rap Olympic Team' and now the owner of the song, T.I., spoke to mtvnews on Saturday and had this to say:

"That's some bullshit. I'm beating down the Internet as we speak."

Interesting, to say the least. Originally, the track just had Kanye on it (who also produced it, which I didn't know) and they wanted to have some other dope people on it. It turned into a dream song and many people have been giving it good and bad reviews.

T.I. didn't want the track leaked so soon and people should be patient. "Wait till the cake comes out the kitchen before you eat it. That's like a kid who sees his toys before Christmas; it takes away from me and I think it takes away from the fans as well. When it's time, I'mma give it to you. They leaked my record with me and The-Dream ["Like I Do"] too. Leakage is never a problem I have had. I'm not used to it."

Well, I guess when a song is this hot it has to be leaked. Sorry, T.I., but you just dropped one of the sickest records this year. 2008 has been a sick year for hip hop in my opinion. '08 is runnin' this rap shit. We're bringing it back to the glory days and making Soulja Boy fade into oblivion.

By the way, is it me or are Kanye's beats getting better and better? First the 80's feel 'Jockin' Jay-Z' and now 'Swagger Like Us'.

I guess what he said in S.L.U. was true: Every time I breathe on the track I asthma attack it.

- MX

No comments:

Post a Comment