September 22, 2008

the streets 'everything is borrowed'

If you thought I listened to Kanye West too much, you don't know the half of it. There are three musicians I idolize: Kanye West, Jimi Hendrix, and Mike Skinner. Mike Skinner, otherwise known as The Streets, makes absolutely amazing music. He's an English rapper/lyricist/poet and his albums have made me think about my life a lot.

So, I was listening to the song Streets Score, and I was thinking if The Streets had a new album out. I had heard about a new album but wasn't sure when it was being released. SO I checked Wikipedia and, sure enough, a new album is out. And when did it come out? September 15th... my birthday. Well, it came out in the UK already and not until October 7th in the states. I'm not waiting till the 7th to listen to this so I immediately went on a torrent hunt. Now, The Streets isn't for everyone, but I think he's a genius.

Anyways, I figured I'd let you know what I'd be listening to tonight at 2:30 in the morning. Sin's probably asleep (remember, it's 7:30 A.M. in Scotland) and he knows how much I love The Streets. Alright, I'm done typing. This torrent needs to download faster. Maybe some ice cream and ATHF will make it go faster.

EDIT: Torrent finished. Now we listen.

- MX

No comments:

Post a Comment