August 05, 2008

Pearls Before Swine

Pearls Before Swine is a comic that I read every single day. Drawn by Stephan Pastis, it provides a very satirical look on the world. I also like it because the artist sometimes puts himself into the comics and pokes fun at himself regularly. Not many people can laugh at themselves. I find it.... admirable.

My favorite characters are Rat (who hates stupid people and the world) and the Crocodiles who cannot speak proper English (which Pastis portrays in their speech bubbles) and they want to eat their Zebra (or as they say... 'Zeeba') neighbor. Now they've realized that they can get bacon and such from Pig, which leads to the comic I've posted above.
How this started was Pig found pen pals, who turned out to be the Crocs, and they now want to eat him and Pig is just so oblivious to it because Pig is an idiot.

But I digress.

You should definitely check Pearls Before Swine out and hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do. Now I'm gonna get to bed... it's almost 6 AM and I don't know why I'm still up. Insomnia, I suppose.

- MX

No comments:

Post a Comment