August 03, 2008

So I got this game through my rental service on Saturday, and I have to say... It's pretty fuckin' great. I'm not a big fan of fighting games these days, which is funny, as I used to be massively into Street Fighter back in the 90's to the point that it's all I would ever play on my SNES but somehow I just sort of fell outta the loop and prefer FPS' and RPG's these days.

Back on topic though. Since I'm such a Star Wars geek, I needed to at least rent this when I heard that they were bringing Yoda and Darth Vader (who'll be available through DLC soon) on board. One of the lesser known characters that they also brought to the game that's probably my fave character is The Apprentice. The same character that you'll be playing as in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed game which is another doozy that a lot should be looking out for.

However, a lot of fans of the series hate the addition of the Star Wars characters as they believe they're unbalanced (or broken). While powerful, I don't believe them to be as there's always a way to counter anything in this game, and when you can do that, there's always a way around people that use the characters in a cheap way.

Overall though, it's a really enjoyable game and I believe it's at least worth a play by every console owner out there. So go ahead, rent or buy, take the plunge. You won't be disappointed.

- Sin

No comments:

Post a Comment